Notice of website closure

NOTICE: This website is no longer being updated. For the latest up-to-date information, please visit our new website.


Find the right health service

If you are feeling unwell, are ill or are injured - don't wait to seek help.

Click on the links below to find out more about the help you can receive at these health services:

NHS 111

Community Pharmacies

Minor Injuries Units

GP Practices

Emergency Departments


Think 111 First

If you have an urgent but not life-threatening medical need, be sure to contact NHS 111 first rather than going straight to A&E.

If you’re not sure whether to go to your GP, your pharmacy, or a walk-in centre – call 111 first.

If you do need urgent care, then NHS 111 can book you in to be seen quickly and safely in A&E.

Plus, NHS 111 can book you an appointment at Urgent Treatment Centres, GP surgeries, pharmacies, emergency dental services, and Walk-In Clinics.

Call 111 or go online at


Community Pharmacies

Pharmacists are experts in medicines who can help you with many minor health concerns.

As qualified healthcare professionals, they can offer clinical advice and over-the-counter medicines for a range of minor illnesses, such as coughs, colds, sore throats, tummy trouble and aches and pains.

To find your local pharmacy visit Find a pharmacy - NHS (

For a list of local pharmacy opening times, please click here.


Minor Injuries Units

In Norfolk and Waveney there are two Minor Injuries Units:

The Norwich Practices Walk-in Centre at Rouen House on Rouen Road, Norwich, is open between 7am and 9pm every day.

The nurse-led centre can help with a range of minor illness and injuries, including minor cuts and wounds, strains and sprains, skin complaints, and other minor injuries.

You will be triaged at the entrance and then treated or signposted elsewhere if necessary.

The Minor Injuries Unit (MIU) based at Cromer Hospital on Mill Road is open every day, including Bank Holidays, from 8am to 7.45pm.

Patients can receive treatment for minor injuries such as minor wounds, burns, simple fractures, and broken or dislocated fingers.

The unit can advise over the phone if your injury is suitable for the MIU. Call 01603 646230 to speak to one of the team before travelling to the MIU.


GP Practices

GP practices are working differently but they are here to help.

Please phone or go online to contact your surgery first rather than just popping in as you might have done in the past. The reception staff are trained to support you to get the right appointment for your needs and they will arrange a clinical professional to call you back. If you are invited into the surgery, practice staff will make your appointment safe for you.

GP practices have appointments face-to-face every day, and practices work together to ensure you can be seen when you need to be. Although this may not be at your usual practice, it will still be with the best professional to support your needs.


Emergency Departments

The Emergency Department (A&E) provides urgent and emergency care that can’t be treated at your pharmacy, GP, or a Minor Injury Unit.

Visit Emergency Departments for life-threatening emergencies such as chest pain, breathing difficulties, the symptoms of stroke or sepsis, serious allergic reactions, trauma, blacking out, and other serious injuries or illnesses.

There are three Emergency Departments in Norfolk and Waveney:

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital in Norwich

Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King’s Lynn

James Paget Hospital in Great Yarmouth


If you’re worried about your health, don’t delay, your NHS wants to see you. Help us help you get the care you need.  If you’re feeling unwell and it’s not COVID-19 symptoms, do you know where to turn to for help with your health?

The CCGs latest news and events

In The News